Friday, October 24, 2008

At Mervyn's today...


I just heard Mervyn's is closing... So sad...
I worked at the Antioch Mervyn's, in northern CA., back in the mid 70s.
When I got my job with Disneyland
I transferred to the Anaheim Mervyn's

and worked there
just to make ends meet
[a boy can't live on $3.31 an hour alone]
Although I left Mervyn's YEARS ago, It's sad to hear their closing.
So much for the old Mervyn's commerical of the woman at the doors saying
"Open, Open,Open!!!"

This photo was taken in 1986, at the Antioch Mervyn's,
Mickey and I were on tour of all the county fairs in CA.
to promote State Fair event at Disneyland.
When we got to my home town I just had to have a Picture...

Now I'm glad I did... Thanks Mickey!

As the song goes:
At Mervyn's today,
we'll help you find a way,

to make your shopping day's a little easier.


2 comments:

The Viewliner Limited said...

Very excellent pictures. Enjoying your blog very much.

Disney On Parole said...

Thanks!!!!