Tuesday, December 15, 2009

1977 The Very Merry Christmas Parade

The Brand New Parade!
and my first job at the park.

Here's an article from the DL line 12/1/77
Here's a cast photo of everyone that was in the parade
[This was taken backstage facing toward
where the "New" parking structure now is...
I miss that Arco station]
This is Marilyn Magness presenting a cake to the cast
Marilyn staged and choreographed the whole parade
The Cake
And Believe it or not,
This is my "First" paycheck stub!
Wow! I cleared $8.57
and to think I was flying down from San Francisco to LAX
then taking a Greyhound to the DL Hotel for rehearsals!
[The flight was $12 , one way, the bus was $5 one way...
you do the math!]
I was working at DISNEYLAND!!!

1 comment:

Vintage Disneyland Tickets said...

Awesome post, fun pictures too! Wow - that pay stub is classic, but that's some fuzz math!