Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Disney's California Adventure 10 years!

Believe it or not, I went to the Parks tonight...
I didn't realize it was DCA's 10th anniversary...
I just wanted to have dinner and see the "World of Color" show...
what a nice night!!!
We got there around 4pm and went to the Toy Story ride!
one of my fav's in DCA!
and then went over and took a stroll down
Disneyland's Main Street... then back over to DCA for Dinner at the Winery!
GREAT MEAL!!! and Great Staff!!!
When I realized it was DCA's Birthday...
I started to remember the first time I went to the park...
Jan. 4th 2001
I went down to see the new show
that was opening the Hyperion Theater
"Disney's Steps in Time!"
I remember thinking what a GREAT SHOW!
Fresh, New and Really well done!!!
but the next time I went back... what a shock!
they changed the show... and not for the better...
now there was a story teller and a little kid...
Gone were the fresh new ideas...
Sad...

This shot I took last year... now this is gone too...
I did see these great pictures on the construction walls!!!
great to see the "Classic" Characters!!!
Sorry it's almost been 2 months since I've posted...
but as the sign says as you leave DCA...

2 comments:

Connie Moreno said...

I was a great night to go to the Parks. I had been there early in the day, looking for commemorative merchandise. Nope, none found :-(

I have fond memories of being at the Annual Passholder preview for DCA. Just walking through the gates gave me a feeling I'll never forget and I imagined that it was similar to the feeling my father had when he went to Disneyland shortly after it opened.

Vintage Disneyland Tickets said...

Great post! I didn't know if was DCA's 10th until today!

I'm glad you had a nice time at BOTH parks, that makes me happy :-)

Lets try and get together at the park soon!