Saturday, September 17, 2011

Stolen Pictures from Guest!?

Back in the late 70s and 80s
*Polaroid*
was the Camera/Film sponsor of the park...You could walk into the camera shop on Main St.
plop down your ID or Drivers Lic.
and use one of their cameras for FREE!

OK ... so you had to buy the pack of Polaroid film
at $10 a pack...
[and when you looked at it, that was $1 a picture!]
[Now with digital we just shoot and delete!
But how many guest back then did I see
waving the picture back and forth to make it develop faster...lol]

The following are pictures given us from very kind guest!
Geppito
Now this may look like the Tweedle
is chopping off this kids head with a tomahawk...
ok he is... but it was all in fun...
The kid was a twin also...
the tomahawk belonged to his brother!

Mr. and Mrs. Easter Bunny
Wish Merlin was back in the park today...
the Sword and the Stone show was a great touch in Fantasyland

The Dwarfs... not looking so small...



Eeyore...

When I first saw this next one,
I thought the kid had a really hairy chest!

Rescuers!!!!

Before Annual passes... guests had to Pay EVERYDAY to get in the park...
[but then again it wasn't $80 a day!]
even back then we had our park regulars!
why were they there every day?!
[my guess is some really nice employees signed them in EVERYDAY!]

One of our favorite was ELLEN!
Some days she would wear her cat eye glasses, a mousekteer shirt with her name and ears!


We all know now
we should have taken more pictures back then...
I'm very grateful to the guest who gave me these memories!
Thank you!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

These are really very good for polaroids!!! I love seeing all these characters! I've never seen a Tweedle or the Rescuers!

Connie Moreno said...

Oh my gosh, I had completely forgotten that at one time you could "rent" a Polaroid camera!

Snow White Archive said...

Terrific vintage photos! The dwarfs pics look like prototypes for the gnome polaroids seen in the movie Amélie. :)

mouseclubhouse said...

Is it me, or does Sleepy look a little more like Drunky?