Wednesday, January 18, 2012

1984 Donald Ducks Birthday

1984
The Year of the Los Angeles Olympic Games,
The first Apple Macintosh goes on sale and
It's Donald Duck's 50th Birthday!
All year Disneyland Celebrated with a Parade!
Mickey and Minnie "Rockin Out"
with Hewy, Dewy and Louie
and yes that's Tim O'Day in the brown slacks!
Here we have Donald, Daisy, Uncle Scrooge, Grandma Duck
and Ludwig Von Drake in the back...
Ducktales was still years away,so there was
No - Launchpad McQuack,
No - Darkwing Duck...
Just a bunch of Characters that hung out in the park...
doing a parade for the Duck!
Now here's a mixed group of characters-
Baloo and Louie, Pooh, Tigger, Practical and Fifer Pig
and Clara Cluck!
But why stop at Clara Cluck,
Let's throw in Little John, Orville, Bernard and Bianca
and if you look behind the sign
*Eeyore*
A sign of the times:
you'll note that all the characters "Dancing" on the floats
had a handle to hold onto if they needed...
there were NO Safety Belts, hooks, wires and chains
bolting them down, restricting their performance...
we just got up there and did the routine
and nobody got hurt...
Now when I see the character tethered to the float I think... how sad...
but "Safety" comes first...
Just sad...
I want to thank my friend Mark for these
great photo memories!
and now 28 years later...
I still have that damn DD Birthday song in my head!
*Chorus*
Happy Birthday,
It's Donald's Birthday.
Happy, Happy, Birthday to you.
Hey Donald

Happy Birthday
Happy Birthday
Happy, Happy Birthday to you.
Hey Donald

There's a party,Party,
a party today
A once a year occasion
A party, party!
is comin' our way
Donald's Birthday celebration!
Now repeat for the next 30 min...

It was worse that the "Small World" Parade loop in your head!

6 comments:

mouseclubhouse said...

So you had to get the song stuck in MY head, too? Gee, thanks. Great photos, by the way.

Bearride - Raymond said...

Thank you very much! I had this darn song in my head all day yesterday!!!! LOL It also lead to having the 30th Anniversery song stuck today. I bet tomorrow will be Blast to the Past.

peachgeek said...

Yeah -- great pics! What years were you there? Would love to message you with some questions for a Disney group I'm in -- any way to do that? You can message me at facebook . com / peachgeek thanks!

Unknown said...

First of all let me tell you, you have got a great blog. It is interesting to read it. Hope to see the next post soon.

http://writing-essay.org/writer/

Dr Purva Pius said...

Hello Everybody,
My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of $250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of $250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius, call/whats-App Contact Number +918929509036 via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.

Vstsearch said...

Waves Plugins Crack
Spitfire Audio Crack
Waves Plugins Crack
Best Long Lasting Citrus Perfume
Best Monitor For RTX 2060