Monday, January 23, 2012

Mickey's 60th Birthday Parade

The year 1988
Disneyland celebrated Mickey's 60th with a
"Special " Birthday Parade...
The Premise of the parade was that Mice from all over
the world were coming to help
Mickey Celebrate his Birthday...
We called this the "Rat" Parade...
the "Mice " just look cheap...
They came by "Land"
By "Air"
By "Sea"

I'm sure the idea looked good on paper...
but it came off as just "Cheesy"
We called it the "Rat" Parade...


Remember when Disneyland
could do a balloon release?

6 comments:

Connie Moreno said...

Oooh, thanks for sharing those pics! I must admit, back then, I never stopped to watch the parades. I didn't know what I was missing!

toycoon said...

What has happened to all of your photos? Did you get popped by the Tinkerbelle police department?

PhilippeP said...

Same question as toycoon ...

Disney On Parole said...

Sorry guys, If only it was the tinkerbell police...
No I joined Google + and it deleted 3/4 of my photos from my blog! UUUGGGHHH!!!! haven't had time to look into it... I'm VERY BUMMED!!!!

DPabon123 said...

Bummer! :/ Any chance you can get them back on anytime soon? I partucarly enjoyed the posts on the New Fantasyland 1983 and its a shame i cant see them anymore.

Zhoshua Grey said...

you have got a great blog. I am interested in looking for more of such topics and would like to have further information.

plagiarism detection tool