Friday, November 28, 2008

The First Very Merry Christmas Parade

31 Years ago...
I got my job at Disneyland
Cast as a Dancing Penguin with Mary Poppins.
I was living in northern CA. at the time
and would fly down on weekends for rehearsals
[This was when a flight would cost $18 round trip!]


The Parade route

This was the audition/casting card.
I can't believe I kept this stuff!
Backstage Before the parade
My First DL I.D.
Our float was the last of the music box floats...
I love how it looks like Mary is being hung by the weather vane!
and he Balloon train behind us...

3 comments:

Julie said...

This brings back such amazing memories. The 1977 Very Merry Christmas Parade was my first parade as well. I was Dumbo's Ringmaster. I believe I was with the train that was behind the Mary Poppins. I was only in 2 parades (1977 and 1980), but such fond memories.

Unknown said...

Julie?!

I think you were standing next to me when our photo was taken right in the center on the human Christmas tree in '77

Unknown said...

Julie?!

I think you were standing next to me when our photo was taken right in the center on the human Christmas tree in '77